Review: Doxy bullet


I'm not usually one for reviews, but this one practically begged to be written. Might seem an odd thing to say because, as Girl on the Net correctly predicted, you already know if you'll buy the Doxy bullet vibe so why do I need to review it? If you like a bullet vibrator and you're aware of the Doxy brand, it seems like a no-brainer. However, I think this needs writing for those who are perhaps wondering if it's worth the money and also because I really really REALLY want to tell someone how much I love this vibrator.

My favourite vibrator for a long time now has been the powerful USB-rechargeable LELO Mia, so it's safe to say that I am a huge bullet fan. I was gifted one about a decade ago and it's been my go-to ever since. I used that little vibe it until it no longer held its charge for long enough to have fun and then I replaced it with the Mia 2, which has served me well but is now on its last legs too. As I was pondering buying my third Mia, I heard the news of the Doxy Bullet and I have never been more certain about making the switch.

Why? Well, I should start by saying that my favourite way of using a bullet vibe is to crank the power right up and either press it onto my clit head for instant gratification, or around my inner labia to stimulate the hidden parts of the clitoris if I want a slower build up. I never use any other settings other than the most powerful constant vibration that the bullet provides, and I simply alter my technique depending on the sort of orgasm I want. Secondly, even though I don't own a Doxy wand, I have had several partners and fuck buddies who own one and so I already know how incredibly powerful their toys are.

So of course I ordered one and was extremely excited when it arrived. It comes in a beautiful brushed aluminium case, which the vibe nestles inside with its charging cable, plus the shape and weight of the vibrator is so perfect. It feels really good to hold and the metal is wonderfully smooth. Also, I'll get the extra option of a little bit of temperature play on colder winter nights which I'm definitely a fan of. This is the kind of toy that makes you re-evaluate your opinion on what luxury is. I now can't believe I thought that a plastic vibrator was luxurious - the Doxy Bullet will make you feel amazing just by holding it.

As the bullet is waterproof I was very curious about how it charges, especially seeing as the end (where it says Doxy) is also the button that you use to turn it on/off. It couldn't be simpler though - there are two magnetic dots on the end, and the charging cable just clicks in place. I left my new toy on charge and had a quick look at the online user guide to help me understand how it worked. The Doxy bullet is super easy to operate; one long press of the button to turn it on, short button presses can then be used to scroll through the different vibration settings, and it's one long press to turn it off.

Of course, I already knew that I'd go straight for the constant vibration settings because that's what gets me off, but I was not prepared for just how powerful this bullet is. You might think you have an idea of how much power can fit into a vibrator of this size, and an idea of how much power Doxy can fit into a vibrator of this size, but it's even more powerful than that. I was blown away! Seriously, this is The Good Shit. If you like bullet vibes and you love strong vibrations, you absolutely need this little beauty in your life.



Comments